PAID INTERN WANTED: Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Want to join the fast growing legal weed industry? Here is your chance!
The Safety & Compliance Coordinator is a part-time internship position with opportunity for advancement upon review after a preliminary 90-day period. This internship is paid hourly, not to exceed 25 hours per week. Work schedule is flexible and meant to accommodate active students, so long as a minimum of 20 hours is committed.
About Nug Lab
Nug Lab is a state licensed Type-7 cannabis manufacturing facility in Oakland, California that produces hydrocarbon extracted cannabis oil and distillate. Nug Lab is a division of Bloom Innovations, a vertically integrated cannabis company, with strong historical growth and performance - from state of the art technology to an active member of the community, we are creators, innovators and pioneers of the cannabis industry.
Applicants must display a high level of organization, strong writing skills, and the ability to demonstrate competency in the interpretation of policies and regulatory code. This position demands exemplary interpersonal communication skills and a keen attention to detail. Applicants must display familiarity with the California cannabis regulations outlined in the Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MAUCRSA), and industry specific regulations released by the California Bureau of Cannabis Control, California Department of Public Health: Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch, and the California Department of Food and Agriculture: CalCannabis Program.
• Familiarity with, or prior training in, OSHA regulations for General Industry
• Familiarity with NFPA Fire Codes
• Familiarity with NFPA Hazardous Materials Codes
The intern coordinator will work with the Safety & Compliance Manager to assist in the implementation of health, safety, and compliance communication programs in a rapidly evolving, vertically integrated, high-volume cannabis company. This is a new and experimental manufacturing environment. Regular duties will emerge with training and exposure. The intern coordinator will be assisting in conducting task hazard analysis and daily inspections throughout our facilities. This work will require constant interpersonal, professional, interfacing and communication.
** APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED. **
• Age Restriction: Must be 21+ (Section 26013 & 26140 of CA Business & Professions Code)
• Must have reliable transportation - Must commit 20 to 25 hours a week
• Ability to work in a careful, organized manner in a fast-paced environment.
• Clear, compassionate communication skills and a desire to work cooperatively on a team. A desire to learn and constantly improve work-flow and technique. Preferred Majors: Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health & Safety, Administrative Management, Public Policy or Public Administration, and Sociology, or any similar major not listed.