With advancements in cross-breeding and the ability to curate new craft strains, today’s pot purchase possibilities are seemingly endless for cannabis consumers. No longer are the days you’re choosing from a few indica or sativa strains…Now you’re faced with shelves stocked with heavy indica dominant or sativa dominant strains…. though everything is basically a hybrid at this point. So when an up and coming strain hits the market, how does it affect what consumers choose? Let’s explore the world of fresh strains and how cannabis users are purchasing them.
As a cannabis consumer, you know of a few classic strains that are tried and true. Genetics like GG4, Jack Herer, Girl Scout Cookies and Grandaddy Purps are among a few. But what happens when OG strains hit the market with a twist? They quickly become the popular new kids on the block, all over again.
Similar to trends from the 90’s returning to the fashion scene, mixing old and new is opening doors for cannabis consumer purchasing. At NUG, our gardens strive to be cutting edge and ahead of the trend. Which is why our new strains are following the fad and elevating the classics with new-age growing techniques. Leading to heightening highs, too. Here’s a few examples from our current classically fresh flower selection –
- Purple Punch : Larry OG X Grandaddy Purple
- Premium Jack : Jack Herer, re-vamped. Or, for concentrate Black Jack (Black Domina x Jack Herer)
- Chem Scout OG : Girl Scout Cookies X Chemdawg X OG Kush
From old to young, beginner consumer to long-time user…new strains have something to offer everyone. With the increasing repertoire of knowledge we now have info on the effects of different genetics, you can carefully select a strain that’s fit just for you. If you’re not quite sure what you’re looking for – no worries. Hit up a NUG Wellness location near you, and have our highly informed staff help lead you on your way.
Another note to consider for new strains and purchasing are the aromas and tastes so many consumers crave. Again, with advancements in growing – terpene production is fine-tuned in the new world of weed. Whether you’re satisfying that craving with potent and pungent concentrates, or all-natural flower…you’re bound to find a flavor that works for you. As they say, ‘the nose knows’.
Like choosing from 31 flavors, the variety of scents that cannabis consumers can select now is abundant to say the least. New strains are incorporating fruity, tropical, sweet and decadent scents to impress and improve smoke seshes across the board. And like we mentioned, concentrates can amplify those pure tastes even more. If you’re looking to broaden your personal cannabis menu, here are just a few new NUG strains and products that’ll help to do so.
- Gushers – Yup, like the fruit snack. This strain delivers tropical and creamy flavor notes to throw you back to your childhood.
- Mimosa – Perfect for brunch (or anytime), the Mimosa strain packs a punch in sweet citrus aromas.
- Sundae Driver – The Grape Pie x Fruity Pebbles cross sounds like a stoner treat, by name alone.
- Adam’s Apple Sorbet, Blueberry Afgoo Sorbet, Cherry Gorilla Sorbet & Lemon Cake – While these flavors might seem straight out of a dessert menu, they’re only a few of NUG’s latest concentrate creations. Our proprietary extraction process takes terpene power to top-shelf levels, by infusing the magical scents separately for premium potency.